He was born in Messina, Italy, on June 1st, 1977. He graduated in Mechanical Engineering in 2001 at Politecnico di Milano. In 2005 he received the Ph.D. in Mechanical Systems Engineering at Politecnico di Milano. From 2005 to 2007 he was a Post-Doc Researcher and from 2007 to 2018 he was an Assistant Professor at Politecnico di Milano, Mechanical Engineering Department. Since 2018 he is Associate Professor of Applied Mechanics at Department of Mechanical Engineering – Politecnico di Milano.
His teaching activity is focused on Applied Mechanics. He was and is contract and project manager for several projects funded by several Italian and international companies. He authored more than 70 scientific papers and his research work is mainly carried out in the field of dynamics, stability and control of mechanical systems, with applications to following fields of application:
- Theoretical and experimental study of the dynamical interaction between pantograph and catenary and of the related electromechanical phenomena;
- Study of railway and tramway vehicle dynamics, focusing in particular on the wheel/rail contact phenomena, comfort and running safety;
- Study of Aeolian vibrations of conductors;
- Analysis and implementation of Real-Time Platform to simulate mechatronic systems (Hardware in the Loop);
- Numerical and experimental study and implementation of mechatronic systems and robotic applications (Human-Robot collaboration).